Robe’s new ColorWash 2500E AT moving light fixture is the sister of the ColorSpot 2500E AT and Robe’s most powerful wash unit to date.
It is designed for use in large lighting rigs and for venues and installations of all types needling a really punchy moving light effect. It is also ideal for outdoor applications including washing large surface areas (like walls and buildings), and as a searchlight effect.
The ColorWash 2500E AT is fitted with the Phillips MSR Gold 1200 FastFit lamp and a 1400W electronic ballast for the flicker-free operation demanded by TV and fashion environments. The unique optical system maximises brightness and features a high luminous glass reflector.
The colour facility includes both CMY and CTO colour mixing systems and two colour wheels, each with 6 ‘slot+lock’ colour options plus open, offering plenty of variety, from the richest saturates to the subtlest pastels, including 63 colour macros.
Each colour wheel rotates at variable speeds in both directions. There's an option for ‘random colour’ selection via audio input, or for straightforward 'auto random' colour selection.
The dimmer/shutter unit encompasses the full range of dimming and also produces a highly effective variable-speed strobe effect of 1- 12 FPS. Variable ‘random pulse’ effects can be activated via pre-programmable macros.
The unit’s standard zoom range is 7 to 44 degrees. A front-fitting PC lens option gives a 6 - 35 degree zoom, and a front-fitting wide-angle lens offering a 75 – 87 degree range. All these options make the ColorWash 2500E AT one of the most dynamic fixtures in Robe’s inventory.
The unit is controlled, set and addressed via Robe’s Navigation System (RNS) which features a practical, easy-to-read graphic LCD display, two control buttons for the control wheel and comes complete with inbuilt demo sequences.
DMX operation offers the choice of 5 DMX protocol modes – utilising 17, 21, 23, 24 or 30 control channels. In addition to standard DMX control, the fixture fully supports Remote Device Management (RDM) operation, and is ready for this “out of the box” with no additional installation required.
The CW 2500E AT has an Ethernet port, supports ArtNet and ACN protocols, and can also operate in ‘stand alone’ mode.
The colour wheel positioning, zoom function and dimmer shutter all have 8 bit or 16 bit resolution for the fine stepless operation of these effects, specially helpful for long fade-time cues.
The fans can be operated in both “Auto” or “High” modes and are virtually silent.
The LCD display on the unit’s base is easy to read and understand, and Robe has included an inbuilt analyser to make fault-finding, pre-setting and diagnostics as simple and intuitive as possible. The ColorWash 2500E AT features 3 editable programs of up to 99 steps each, also easily programmed via the LCD display.
- Lamp: MSR Gold 1200 FastFit
- Base: PGJX 50
- Control: Automatic and remote on/off
- Ballast: Electronic, 1400W
- High luminous glass reflector
- Zoom angle from 7° to 44°
- Wiring options: 208/230/250V, 50-60Hz
- Power consumption: 1760 VA at 230V/50Hz
- Height: 641 mm (25,24“) (head in horizontal position)
- Width: 542 mm (21,34“)
- Depth: 545 mm (21,46“)
- Weight: 41 kg (90,4 lbs)
- Maximum ambient temperature (Ta): 40°C (104°F)
- Maximum surface temperature: 135°C (275°F)
Control and Programming
- Protocol: USITT DMX-512, supports RDM
- Control channels: 17, 21, 23, 24 and 30
- DMX channels: 5 protocol modes
- Setting & Addressing: ROBE Navigation System (RNS)
- Built-in demo sequences
- Display: Blue/white LCD graphic
- Pan/Tilt resolution: 16-bit
- Color wheel 1 positioning: 8- or 16-bit
- Color wheel 2 positioning: 8- or 16-bit
- Zoom: 8- or 16-bit
- Dimmer: 8- or 16-bit
- Controllable speed of fans
- Movement control: Tracking or vector
- Built-in analyzer for easy fault finding
- Ethernet port: Art-Net protocol, ready for ACN
- Data in/out: Locking 3-pin XLR & 5-pin XLR
- Stand-alone operation
- 3-editable programs, each up to 99 steps
- Cyan: 0 - 100%
- Magenta: 0 - 100%
- Yellow: 0- 100%
- CTO: 0- 100%
- Colour wheel 1: 6 replaceable "SLOT&LOCK" colours + open
- Colour wheel 2: 6 replaceable "SLOT&LOCK" colours + open
- Dimmer/Shutter: Full range dimming and variable strobe effect, Electronic strobing „ZAP”
- Zoom: 7° - 44° (standard front Fresnel lens), 6° - 35° (front PC lens), 87° (wide-angle front lens)
- Pan: 530°
- Tilt: 280°
- Mounting points: 8 pairs of ¼-turn locks
- Fastening system: ROBE‘s own 2x Omega clamps
- Fixation option: Pan/Tilt-lock mechanism
- Remote control IR
- Front PC lens