The Direct Control Lodestar is a lower cost hoist from CM. It operates with a power cable only.
The hoists are compatible with most existing direct control hoist controllers.
The non-adjustable Lodestar protector prevents overloading and acts as a travel limiting device. The chain hook and a chain stop on the load chain prevent over-travel.
The hoists are the same size as standard Lodestars and standard Lodestar flight cases can be used.
Suitable for upright and climbing use.
- Operates on 380- 460v, 3ph, 50/ 60hz; can be converted to work with 200- 230v, 3ph, 60hz power
- Supplied ready for use, fully prepared and tested with lifting handles and cee connector fitted
- Built to withstand the rigours of the touring industry, with black powder coated finish for durability
- A range of standard operating and safety features, together with ease of maintenance makes this the most popular hoist for entertainment industry applications in the World
- Jam resistant chain guides from heat-treated pressed steel
- CM hoist alloy chain with minimum 7:1 safety factor for maximum strength and wear resistance. Zinc plated as standard but black also available
- Heavy-duty load brake independent of the hoist motor eliminates heat build up and holds the load securely
- Duty factor, FEM 2m Allows up to 30 minutes of continuous operation
- Grease lubrication in gear case eliminates oil drips
- Easy maintenance and inexpensive spares reduce running costs making Lodestars extremely cost efficient over the lifetime of the hoist
- Double Brakes, Lodestars can be supplied with double brakes, each brake can sustain the full load, this gives added safety in critical applications. Can be fitted to new hoists or retro fitted to existing stock. Double DC brakes have a 50- millisecond delay between the first and second brake for reduced stress loading during operation and easy identification of any problems with the first brake
- LatchLok hooks can be fitted to the body or chain hook, these are designed to retain slings etc even under slack conditions. Hook remains locked until it is released by the operator One handed push button release for smooth and dependable opening